A lot has changed over the past months in the SW Region of the ASPRS. We have announced new technical meetings for 2012 and we have revived the region newsletter. We remain committed to the regional membership and to promoting your interests and participation in national and regional activities.
We are pleased to launch our new website that provides a fresh, clean design and easy access to region specific and national society content. There are many new features that I hope you enjoy exploring, including regional monthly meeting minutes, a newsletter archive, resources for student chapters and RSS feeds from related sites of general interest to the broad membership.
We hope you enjoy the sleek new design and will make this site a regular destination of your web explorations. Feel free to send along comments and recommendations for new materials or features for the website. We look forward to hearing from you!
There are many professional organizations to choose from – why should ASPRS be one of yours? My top-ten list:
- Great Colleagues. ASPRS is a diverse, international blend of professionals from academia, industry and government as well as students.
- Professional Diversity. ASPRS gathers together experts across the spectrum of the photogrammetry, remote sensing and GIS professions, from sensor design and development, data processing and analysis, monitoring and management, to certification and education. Whatever you need to do or know, there’s a colleague for that!
- A Long History. An organization established 76 years ago, firmly established and fiscally strong, with a history that reflects the excitement, relevance and dynamic evolution of this technological field. (check out the ASPRS oral history project)
- Publications. Members stay up-to-date with the highly-respected journal “Photogrammetric Engineering and Remote Sensing”. ASPRS publications include many of the quintessential textbooks you probably have on your shelf (Publications). ASPRS is also active in other media, including film – check out the Geospatial Revolution.
- Lively Meetings. Fascinating talks, memorable venues, cherished colleagues, compelling professional opportunities and stimulating social events. ASPRS knows how to run a worthwhile and engaging meeting. Check out what’s happening here.
- Respected Credentials. ASPRS is very active in setting and establishing industry standards for the profession, and offers several certification programs, which have rapidly acquired value in the eyes of recruiters.
- Education. Not only is its website a cornucopia of educational resources, ASPRS offers informative, well prepared workshops at its meetings and as online webinars.
- Scholarships and Awards. ASPRS actively supports students and professionals with an astonishing variety of awards and scholarships.
- Resources. Including job-hunting networks and other career placement resources.
- Value. For the annual fee, you not only receive everything above, you also receive discounts on meeting registration, publications, and workshop tuition. The savings offset your membership fee in no time! Students receive special membership rates, and there is a transition mechanism to soften the blow from student to full membership!
Thank you for visiting our website!
President, SW Region ASPRS